Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Return of MTM

Sometimes the lights are shining on me and other times I can barely see. -The Grateful Dead

Nearly a month and a half has gone by since the last posting at MTM. This has not been an accident. Over the course of these days, I have taken a back seat to college basketball, unable to identify with the fervor and passion I once took to every night and every game that I took the privilege to view. Maybe due to my involvement with college athletics, I have become desensitized to the sport which captivated my young soul and transformed me into a martyr for college basketball. When I now look out onto the court I do not share the same joy and excitement for every game as I did when I was just a boy sitting in the stands. An interesting thing happened as I sat courtside for the VCU vs. George Mason game on Saturday January 24th though. My love for the game began to spark back; I heard a roaring crowd, watched two fantastic teams battle out for first place in a mid-major league all the while not even thinking about national exposure or anything else in life. The world stopped for two hours. When you are able to lose yourself in something as trivial as college basketball, we all become kids again. It proves an escape to all that we know may be wrong and gives us hope for all that we wish to be right. With the season continuing, I have found what college hoops means to me, and hopefully you, again.

1 comment:

hoya33 said...

great to have you back.Words from the heart true inspiration.This is why sport is the elixir for our soul.